December 10, 2021, by AChuckAllen
FOUR Quotes for This Week:
- Our goal is to keep the big things big and the small things small. It’s not that who Twitter’s CEO is isn’t important, it’s just not God-of-the-Universe important. Stay focused on eternity; it changes everything.You will never regret spending more time with your spouse and children – ever.” –Jim Denison
- “What is sacred is what is worthy of our reverence, what evokes awe and wonder in the human heart, and what, when contemplated, transforms us utterly.”– Phil CousineauIf
- “It’s about waking up in the morning and saying that I’m worthy of love, belonging, and joy. It’s about engaging with the world from a place of worthiness.” — Brené Brown
- “When failure is reversible, act quickly. When failure is irreversible, think carefully.” —James Clear
THREE Really Good Reads:
- Impact Players: How to Take the Lead, Play Bigger, and Multiply Your Impact, by Liz Wiseman
- The Power of Potential: A Straightforward Method for Mastering Skills from Personal to Professional by David Wray
- The Power of Your Brain: Harnessing the Potential of a Renewed Mind by Stan Toler
TWO Great Apps I Use Every Single Day
One Thing that I’d Start Right Now.
- Prepare for the new year, now. I have already started prepping for the new year by creating a list of four habits that will improve my health, my writing, my walk with God, and my time/energy management. Once you’ve created a list of not more than five new habits that could radically improve your life, set up a 3 month habit tracker. Whatever your frequency (for me that’s five-days-per-week) then determine what is a small, managable, achievable repetition. Start small (as in 1 push-up/day) and build each week by an equally small progressions, and watch how you can create a new and better you through repetition of habit. Dream big, and start small.