The Taxes We Pay with ACHUCKAllen
It’s that time of year, again. Tax Time. Its that day when you look at your previous years income and realize that you have paid for a lot of Americanism. If you lived in the Ukraine, Syria, or Somali, you’d gladly pay those taxes to have the freedom and prosperity that we enjoy, here in the USofA.
But there are other taxes we pay.
- There is a tax on leading anything: You will be criticized.
- There is a tax on being a parent: You will be broken-hearted.
- There is a tax on a happy marriage: You will learn to sacrificially compromise.
- There is a tax on Peace: You must remain strong.
- There is a tax on friendships: You learn to hurt when they hurt and celebrate when they celebrate.
- There is a tax on serving others: You will be taken advantage of.
- There is a tax on loving Jesus – Openly: You will be hated and belittled.
- There is a tax on sin: Be sure your sin will find you out.
- There is a tax on giving: Living with an open hand will cost you something.
Whatever we do, that truly counts for something worthwhile, will cost us something. King David said, “I will not bring an offering to the Lord, which costs me nothing.”
Let’s be found guilty of paying the tax on leading, loving and serving well. Let’s not grumble over that tax because King David is still right, in 2017. Live loud, live large, and live this life with an open hand. That will require a tax – a tax well spent.
Peace — AChuck