It’s midweek, and I’ll bet you could use some cheerful news, or at least something humorous. Here you go.
Fifteen things that make me laugh, even if they are ridiculous. Enjoy.
- Whenever I watch the Progressive Insurance commercials with Coach Rick coaching up later-aged adults, I laugh. It’s too stinking accurate not to be funny.
- I realize it’s old, but Terry, the Office Linebacker, makes me smile. If you don’t remember him, click here.
- Now, 15 years later, remembering Abby when she dropped her milkshake in my brand new truck and simply said, “oopsies,” I saw strawberry ice cream dripping from my brand new headliner.
- The fact that Fox News has more commercials for toe fungus and catheters than there are people that need either. But when they offer the fact that they even offer “self-lubricating catheters, ” I laugh a bit. Come on, can you imagine a catheter that isn’t lubricated?
- Every single time a sideline reporter stops a coach on the way to halftime and they somehow all say the same thing, and the reporter has to recover.
- When I think about our daughter Samantha excitedly stating at a baby shower that “I love pedophiles.” when she meant to say petit fours.
- Anytime someone says, “Pastor, with all, do respect.” I can see it coming – very little respect.
- Each time I read the words “ customer service” at a Delta Airlines ticket counter.
- The Babylon Bee. It’s satire at its best. They are equal opportunity offenders.
- Recalling the night Jenny and I were attempting to select a date to get married and decided on that evening that “tomorrow” was the perfect day. Charlotte was probably right when she said, “normal people don’t do that.” Fourteen years later, I still smile about that.
- When I think of the conversation regarding the Broadway show Hamilton when someone was asked what the Revolutionary War was about…and the answer? “Taxation without respiration.” Bless.
- Whenever I stop and remember the closing song after a funeral I preached when they played the song, “I’m Not Good at Much, But I’m Good at Drinking Beer.” I was chuckling inside when that happened, and I just laughed again as I wrote this at 35,000 feet in a Delta jet. See number 8.
- When I’m reminded that I have some peculiar sayings like, “broke as Joe’s turkey,” lost as Hogan’s goat, ”or “Oh my stars.” I’m just odd, but I think it’s fun when people ask me about those oddities.
- Whenever I watch the completely inappropriate Christmas movie, “Four Christmases,” and Pastor Phil is introduced. That’s too stinking funny!
- When I remember the very proper young lady that was part of our daughter’s volleyball team saying that her proper family said it was “window time” whenever someone “tooted” in the car. Yes, I know it’s middle school’ish, but that makes me laugh a bit.
I trust that your Wednesday is better as a result of these downright foolish thoughts.