Week four of 2023 is almost in the books, and it will be a challenging but great year. I trust your new year is off to a good start as well. Here are your 4forFRIDAY reviews for January 27, 2023.
Four lessons that I learned this week.
- Apparently, we all have “TOP SECRET” documents in our garage.
- Without prayer, this year will not be better than last year. It works, folks.
- Research proves that singing and/or humming can greatly minimize stress and anxiety.
- The older I get, the more important friendships become!
This Week’s 4forFRIDAY
- A powerful article from Ann Voskamp: You Are Your Mental Playlist.
- I’m so hooked on this Israeli TV Show: Fauda
- A Fun Novel from Tom Clancy: Chain of Command (A Jack Ryan Novel Book 21)
- A Book that Spoke to Me and I Think Will Speak to YTou as Well: “Sacred Pace: Four Steps to Hearing God and Aligning Yourself With His Will“
- BONUS: A Fun Restaurant in Downtown Duluth, GA – Falling Rabbit (Try the Duck Wings)
Fear blocks us from the abundant gifts God longs to give us. To experience all God has for us, we must give fear the final smackdown. Paul teaches us three things in our arsenal to combat fear: power, love, and self-control. What an arsenal of weaponry in our possession to go against fear! Let’s not underestimate Satan’s power. He can and will knock us off our feet. His power outweighs us humans in our natural state. In Satan’s pride and greed, he went to war with God, using earth, particularly Christians, as his battlefield (Revelation 12). His plan on earth is to seek out people beloved by God and destroy them (1 Peter 5:8). However, let’s not overestimate his power over us either. Jesus revoked Satan’s power over anyone who claims Christ (Colossians 2:13-15). God equips us with armor for defense and calls us “more than conquerors” (Ephesians 6:10-18, Romans 8:37). Satan knows his limitations, but he doesn’t want us to know or use this power against him. So, Satan speaks lies, hoping we won’t remember our weaponry against him.
Go in Peace, Chuck