Seven Words with AChuck Allen
The Christian world is approaching the greatest season of our faith. The season of resurrection. What it means, what it stands for and all that it encompasses is beyond human comprehension. If your week is anything like mine, it would be of great comfort to hang my week on a few truth-filled encouragements. Below are seven words that should give you a pep in your step and a song in your voice. They might just make Monday a great day!
There have been a lot of last words spoken by famous people. Some were profound. Some were foolish. Some were worthless, but they all were captured and recalled.
- Elvis Presley’s final words before his death in 1977: “I’m going to the bathroom to read.”
- Frank Sinatra died after saying, “I’m losing it.”
- William Henry Seward, the architect of the Alaska Purchase, was asked if he had any final words. He replied, “Nothing, only ‘love one another.’”
- When Harriet Tubman was dying in 1913, she gathered her family around and they sang together. Her last words were, “Swing low, sweet chariot.”
- As Benjamin Franklin lay dying at the age of 84, his daughter told him to change position in bed so he could breathe more easily. Franklin’s last words were, “A dying man can do nothing easy.”
- Actor Michael Landon, best known for Little House on the Prairie and Highway to Heaven, died of cancer in 1991. His family gathered around his bed, and his son said it was time to move on. Landon said, “You’re right. It’s time. I love you all.”
- Football coach Vince Lombardi died of cancer in 1970. As he died, Lombardi turned to his wife Marie and said, “Happy anniversary. I love you.”
- And according to Steve Jobs’ sister Mona, the Apple founder’s last words were, “Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.”
Here were seven last words from Jesus of Nazareth. These are earth altering, Heaven promising, faith sealing words that should give your Monday a great day:
- FORGIVENESS: “Father forgive them…” Luke 23:34
- SALVATION: “Truly I tell you, today you will bee in paradise…” Luke 23:43
- RELATIONSHIP: “Woman, here is your son…” John 19:26-27
- ABANDONMENT: “My God, My God, why…” Matthew 27:46
- DISTRESS: “I am thirsty.” John 19:28
- TRIUMPH: “It is finished.” John 19:30
- REUNION: “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” Luke 23:46
Last words that were spoken both in love and in agony. Seven words that were spoken on your behalf, by the Son of the Living God. Spoken as His life was freely given and so we could have FORGIVENESS & SALVATION. Freely given to allow us to be in right RELATIONSHIP with God, our Creator through the ABANDONMENT of His life for ours. Because He endured unimaginable DISTRESS so that He and we could TRIUMPH over death and gather together in a huge REUNION in His Father’s House, where there are many mansions waiting on those that choose to follow Him.
Seven life-altering words to give you life this Monday!