There is something rather pedestrian about December 27. The almost here of the 24th, the majesty and wonder of the 25th, the excitement and returns of the lingering big day on the 26th…and then the 27th. It seems so blah.
But the day after the day after the day is pure awesomeness! But why you ask? Here’s my list of reasons for today being awesome:
- You did it! Celebrate the fact that you made it. You made it through the rush and expectations and the gift exchanges, and on and on. You made it!
- Today is a day to get your home or office ready for the new year! Committing two blocks of time to put your work or living space in order can radically improve your attitude and your productivity. I’ve committed two 70 minutes blocks of time to my home office and our main living space.
- If you’re a football fan, like I am you know that this week is “The Most Wonderful Week of the Year!” At least according to ESPN and the Bowl Week!
- If you’re not a football fan, how great will it be to have about 4 hours each day this week to go do what you’ve been wanting to do. ENJOY!
- And my favorite – Research and determine what tool you will use for capturing your goals, dreams, tasks, and calendars for the new year. I am constantly looking for a better system to improve my time and goal management and my task or calendar. I know many of you do not share those affinities, so you can use sticky notes or a legal pad. They all work with the same operating system – You!
It’s been a great Christmas season. Let’s commit to that “good will toward all people” thing we heard 400 times over the past month.