10 Ways to Ace Valentines Day by ACHUCKAllen
Most of us need tutorials in the way of expressing our love and dare I actually say feelings? We all have them and we all struggle to manage them! Here are a few ways that you can get on the autobahn of love and cruise as fast as you wish!
If you are thinking that I may have missed the correct date for Valentines Day, the answer is nope! I am keenly aware that today is Thursday, February 8. And knowing how many folks wait until lunchtime on February 14 and have a huge swing and a miss, I thought you might appreciate a bit longer on-ramp to your big day with your love.
Before you read these brief nuggets of gold and cubic zirconia, please know that these are fail-proof. These choice pieces of wisdom have been dropped from the heavenly’s and provided for you to prove your sincere and undying love.
Here are TEN WAYS TO ACE Valentines Day
- LEARN TO LISTEN WITHOUT INTERJECTING. This, my friend, is the real deal. It takes patience, which can be learned. It takes deep, abiding love, which you already possess. And it requires you to genuinely value your sweetheart. Proverbs 18:13
- TALK. I MEAN ACTUALLY TALK TO EACH OTHER. Not in mumbled “whatever grunts” but talk. It’s a very cool part of life. Don’t miss it – especially when you talk without condemnation. James 1:19
- GIVE GENEROUSLY & GRACIOUSLY. Simply give your best, without sparing. Proverbs 21:26
- PRAY FOR THEM WITHOUT CEASING. I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. I will say this. The times when Jenny and I are most in sync is when we pray together – out loud. Colossians 1:9
- ANSWER WITHOUT ARGUING. I am so bad about this. I love to immediately respond in a defensive mode when it is never helpful. Proverbs 17:1
- SHARE & SHARE MORE. When we leave no room for doubt, it is always because we have spoken in truth. Pretending to share what you think they want to hear is simply deceit. It always reveals the pretender. Ephesians 4:15
- ENJOY THEM AS THE GIFT GOD INTENDED THEM TO BE. The Divine broke out the gift baskets and gave you to each other as gifts. Enjoy each other without complaining. Philippians 2:14
- TRUST THEM. Trust is a fragile element to healthy relationships. It is high octane fuel when a marriage is cruising well. It is oil sludge when it’s broken. Keep this in mind. You are one small step away from losing trust. 1 Corinthians 13:7
- FORGIVE WITHOUT KEEPING SCORE. If you’ve been on my BLOG for more than a month, you’ve heard this before, but forgiveness is the magic elixir in a healthy relationship! Colossians 3:13
- PROMISE & KEEP THAT PROMISE. If you need reminders, build them into your time management system. If need them and do not have a time management system, well, I can’t help you. Promises kept are rocket fuel for trust! Proverbs 13:12
I’ve got some work to do on all of these and I’d imagine that you do as well. Flowers, candies, jewelry, and dinners out are great and I strongly urge you to remember those things. But if you want Valentines Day to be 365 days a year, take these lessons and live them to the fullest.