BETTER with ACHUCKAllen
I started a new teaching series yesterday entitled “BETTER.”
Everybody that I know wants BETTER. Better cars, better jobs, better marriages, better days, better, better, and even more better! Yes, I realize that is poor grammar, but it did make my point!
What if we could define better in a way that felt very tangible, and achievable? What if you could insert one slot of time in your life, of less than 15 minutes and be guaranteed a BETTER YOU? If I could write a prescription for those results, I’d be worth billions, and you’d wait in line to have such a drug.
But I can write a prescription for you. And it is guaranteed. So here it is – MEDITATION! There, I just heard you through the airwaves of unbelief – Come On Chuck, Really? Yep!
BETTER is a bit like art, where beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
BETTER is in the eye of the subject.
BETTER is unique to who and where you are. If you live in Haiti, BETTER is quite different than if you live in Sugar Hill, Georgia.
BETTER does have some unique similarities in any culture or socio-economic state. BETTER, for the purpose of this BLOG – This week, includes seeking after:
- Greater Peace in Your Life
- Less Chaos in Your Life
- Better Relationships in Your Life
- Healthier Habits in Your Life &
- Happier Days in Your Life
Science and Research have all agreed that DAILY MEDITATION has huge benefits in our lives. Those benefits include HAPPIER LIVES, LESS STRESS FILLED LIVES, BETTER FOCUSED LIVES & BETTER SLEEP & RESTFUL LIVES.
But what does the Divine have to say about Meditation? Some pretty cool stuff, actually!
- Proverbs 3:1-2 “My child, never forget the things I have taught you. Store my commands in your heart. If you do this, you will live many years, and your life will be satisfying. BOO-YAW!
- Joshua 1:8 “Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.” BAM!
- Psalm 1:1-3 Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do. What! What!
Are you up for it? Let me make an “as seen on tv” kinda pitch for you, just in case you aren’t sold yet. If you use the Daily AHA Meditation in the Sugar Hill Church APP, I’ll spoon feed you the entire process, that includes:
- A short, but power-packed piece of Scripture every single day.
- An even shorter explanation of that reading.
- A reminder to capture two things that you are grateful for.
- Something you learned.
- What you are praying for.
And you have just had a time of MEDITATION – NO KIDDING! All in less than 15 minutes, assuming you are one of the slowest readers on the planet.
Come On Man! Even God sealed this deal with a promise! What do you have to lose? Nothing at all. So, let me sweeten the pot. If you work through the Daily AHA! each day, this week and you don’t think it is making you a better you, I’ll send you a $20 gift card from Starbucks or Chic-Fil-A. I know exactly how it has made me a BETTER me, and I know it will you, as well! SO, LET’s DO THIS!
Download the Sugar Hill Church APP in the App Store, or Google Play Store, touch “Daily AHA, touch “More Notes” and off you go!