Week three of 2023 is almost in the books, and it’s shaping up to be a great year. I trust your new year is off to a good start as well. Here are your 4forFRIDAY reviews for January 20, 2023.
Four lessons that I learned this week.
- The debt ceiling debate is almost an avatar of how our divided government is currently dysfunctional. At some point, somebody has to be the adult in the room and find healthy middle’ish ground to move forward. Diverse thought is supposed to improve us, but diverse thought must be valued to work. Come on, man!
- Trying to stick to a diet with sheer willpower is impossible. You need a system.
- Prayer is a never-ceasing conversation about all things with your best friend who first loved you.
- If you really want to experience happiness, stop comparing yourself and your treasures to others.
This Week’s 4forFRIDAY
- An article that I enjoyed from a Finnish Psychologist: I’m a psychology expert in Finland, the No. 1 happiest country in the world—here are three things we never do
- I loved this movie with Tom Hanks. I might have enjoyed it more than any movie I’ve seen in years. A Man Called Otto
- A restaurant that I have fallen in love with: Nam Phuong Vietnamese restaurant on Jimmy Carter Blvd. I love the Shaky Beef and Egg Rolls.
- A “must listen to” podcast from the Positive Talk Podcast: Wher Your Peace Resides. Discovering peace and maintaining a soul at peace is a significant task. We can experience peace in our physical bodies. It’s not just a “feeling.”We must know where peace resides in our body, soul, and mind to do that. You can discover peace and build your “peace muscles.”
A Quote from “Whispers of Grace”
My dear one, I am the Good Shepherd, and I have left the fold this morning and have ventured into the mountain passes searching for one lost sheep…I am searching for you. Listen in the stillness of your heart, and you will hear that I am calling your name. Will you let yourself be found by Me, this morning?
Go in Peace, Chuck