It’s just the first Friday of 2023 and although I wished to ease into the new year, I feel like I jumped off the high dive and got a wedgy. Here are four quick lessons for the new year.
1. Accomplishing something significant takes time, but time is made up of small Choices made moment by moment. Manage your time and energy well.
2. Getting up just 15-minutes earlier can radically improve your day.
3. Relationships matter far more than achievement. Prioritize people.
4. You will always have critics. The only way to avoid that truth is to do nothing, attempt nothing, or say nothing. It’s worth having critics.
For This Week’s 4forFRIDAY
1. One of the best books that I have read in years: A Beautiful Resistance, by Jon Tyson. If you claim to be a Christian, you should read this book! If you serve and lead people, you must read this book. If you are a volunteer or ministry leader, stop right now and order this book!
4. A Christmas gift that I am totally digging more than imagined: Blackstone Griddle. I’m having so much fun on this flat, outdoor cooktop. The amount of YouTube recipes and things to cook are amazing.
A strong quote from C. S. Lewis when he wrote of God’s redemption, “Whatever you do, He will make good of it. But not the good He had prepared for you if you had obeyed Him. That is lost forever.”
Go in Peace, Chuck