In a world of cynicism, plurality, greed, hate and bigotry, you can grow pretty hardened to what’s going on around you.
I know folks that are so jaded to one or more platforms, parties, positions, or colors, they cannot even communicate graciously or mercifully. It’s not easy to be a person of simple kindness in 2017.
In the rapid fire land of social media, angry newscasts and senseless violence, the easiest way to respond is to join the fray – Join the hate-talk – Jump in the argument, or blister somebody from behind a keyboard or a smartphone.
I do not want to join that mob. I do not want to be a hater. Let’s not jump on the bandwagon of angry, hate-filled, over-politicized critics. I say, Go Ahead an opt out! As Nancy Reagan once said, “Just Say No.”
So, Go Ahead!
- Go Ahead and delete that hater from your feed.
- Go Ahead and lay down that offense.
- Go Ahead and forgive.
- Go Ahead and leave a kind note.
- Go Ahead and sing out loud.
- Go Ahead and be gracious when you are treated poorly.
- Go Ahead and offer that compliment.
- Go Ahead and don’t take the bait in that gossip string.
- Go Ahead and let somebody else have their way.
- Go Ahead and love your neighbor that’s a different color or party than you are.
- Go Ahead and offer an olive branch.
- Go Ahead and ask for forgiveness.
- Go Ahead and be happy today.
- Go Ahead and love Jesus AND be normal!
Just GO AHEAD!
Okay! I feel so much better.