This week’s 4forFRIDAY is a 2 x 4
Each week I like to share with you four resources that have challenged, sharpened or encouraged me. These recommendations aren’t necessarily church related or even spiritually focused. They aren’t doctrinal statements. They are just a few recommended reads, listens, learnings, gadgets or reviews. This week is a bonus 2×4.
Four of My Favorite BLOGS that I Follow and am Regularly Challenged By and Four of My Favorite Podcasts that I Regularly Listen To
First: Four of my Favorite BLOGS:
- LEADERCAST – This is a solid and consistent read no matter what stage of leadership development you are at or want to be!
- LINKED TO LEADERSHIP – Another consistently helpful BLOG with a broad understanding of personal and organizational leadership tools.
- RON EDMONDSON – Ron is a great guy and a great writer. I am always stretched and challenged by his BLOG.
- SETH GODIN – Seth might be the most successful BLOGGER in the brief history of digital delivery. He is odd, witty, brilliant and might have a better grasp on the American Pop Culture scene as anyone on the planet. If you create, sell or manage, you’ll be glad you subscribed to Seth’s BLOG.
Second: Four of my Favorite Podcasts:
- TED Talks Audio – A really broad selection of information. I find some of the topics fascinating and the speakers are always contemplative and challenging.
- The Tim Ferriss Show – Tim describes his show as “Deconstructing World Class Performers.” It’s brash, irreligious and at times downright tedious, but 80% of the time I really learn something from his interviews.
- 30 for30 Podcast – From the critically acclaimed 30 for 30 series from ESPN (but in audio format). Some of these stories are really great life lessons.
- The School of Greatness – Lewis Howes is a best selling author and highly sought after speaker and coach. If you are looking to be pushed a bit outside of your comfort zone, this will do it.
And a quote that I am pondering from Margaret Thatcher: “If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.”
I hope you will enjoy today’s 2x4forFRIDAY! And I’d love for you to join hundreds of other readers on my daily BLOG, HERE.