4forFRIDAY with ACHUCKAllen
Every Friday I offer up at least four recommended READS, LISTENS, LEARNINGS, GADGETS OR FOODS.
These aren’t designed to be doctrinal statements or theological underpinnings, but they are recommendations that have encouraged me. I hope they will encourage you, as well.
So here is this week’s 4forFRIDAY;
- A Really Solid Read: Down Size: 12 Truths for Turning Pants-Splitting Frustration into Pants-Fitting Success by Ted Spiker. Ted takes readers on an inspiring, candid, and comical journey, exploring the art and science of weight loss through his own struggles as a pear-shaped man in a not-so-pear-shaped world, with research about food, exercise, and the psychology of losing weight. He reveals twelve truths about successful weight loss, in areas such as temptation, frustration, nutrition, and inspiration.
- A Reminder of a Great Running Shoe: Hoka One One Constant 2 Running Shoe: I recommended a different model last year, so when it was time to grab a new pair, I went back to Hoka’s. This model is even better. As many of you know, I’ve lost a lot of weight, but I’m still a pretty big guy. Running/walking in these shoes is the only way to go. No shin splints, no heal bruising and super comfortable.
- A Solid and Interesting Podcast from Tim Ferris, best selling author of The Four-Hour Work Week. Tim is rude, crude and brilliant. His book “Tools of Titans” is a fascinating read based on hundreds of interviews with world-class performers in multiple fields of expertise. This edition of The Tim Ferris Show winds its way through several high performers and their morning routines. Enjoy!
- An Awesome Service or Gift: Instead of Flowers. This service offers some delicious meals, delivered to your home. They are ready to heat and eat. My staff gifted Jenny and I several meals, and it is such a blessing! The food is awesome and the service is excellent. Be sure to enjoy the Shrimp and grits!
- As a bonus – Here’s a Quote I’m Pondering from James Cameron “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.”
Have a great Friday! Don’t miss Sunday at Sugar Hill Church. We start a new teaching series: BETTER! Everyone wants something BETTER. This will be a super-practical series targeted at A Better You • A Better Y’all • A Better Home • A Better Day • A Better Plan