Recommended Resources to Assist You in Your Life’s Climb from Pastor Chuck Allen.
Welcome to the this week’s 4 for Friday, a collection of recommended READS, LISTENS, LEARNINGS, GADGETS & RESTAURANTS. I’d love to hear your thoughts about these! Shout back with a simple email or reply via the comments following the post.
This week’s 4forFRIDAY is connected to The Climb. Be sure to scroll down and catch up on my BLOG’S from Monday through Thursday this week by scrolling down. Be certain that you read The Climb-The Art of Meditation from Tuesday.
Here are FIVE (bonus) suggested resources that will truly help you reach the summit of your climb this year. Don’t miss this Sunday at Sugar Hill Church for Week Two – The CLIMB. It’s going to be an amazing day! Gatherings are live at 9:30 & 11:00 Sunday morning. Here are directions to Sugar Hill Church.
1. A Really Good Read & Productivity Worksheet: 7 Steps for Determining Your Passion–from one of my favorite leaders on the planet, Jenni Catron. “I deeply believe that you were made to influence the world in ways that no
one else can. You have a unique set of gifts, talents, personality, and
experiences that have shaped who you are and give you insight into the purpose for your life. You have a specific purpose, a calling, that only you are qualified to fulfill. Your God-given influence defines your purpose. Your purpose establishes your leadership. Your leadership makes a mark on the world!” One my favorite passages of scripture says, “Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don’t be impressed with yourself. Don’t compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.” (Galatians 6:45- MSG) We are all eager to determine our passion and understand how to live it out, but in my experience understanding our purpose requires the “careful exploration” that this passage describes. Enjoy this 7-step process to help you make the careful exploration. I recommend reading and applying one step per day or per week to help you process, pray and apply what you’re learning as you explore.
2. A Great Read – Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth In this instant New York Times bestseller, pioneering psychologist Angela Duckworth shows anyone striving to succeed—be it parents, students, educators, athletes, or business people—that the secret to outstanding achievement is not talent but a special blend of passion and persistence she calls “grit.” You really should read this book!
3. An Awesome Watch – GRIT – Angela Duckworth’s TED talk that more than 10 million people have watched. In just under 7 minutes, Duckworth gives you a synopsis of the book by the same name. Watch this video, please! You will be glad that you did!
4. A Practical Resource from Chuck Allen: Daily Productivity Plan – I’ve designed a simple, but powerful daily planner that combines a Gratitude Journal, Prioritized Task List (with pomadoro timers), meditation guide, notes and ongoing daily tasks. I use an executive size (5.5″x8.5″). Simply download, print and read The CLIMB – The Grind. It will give you a head start on maximizing the planner and your daily productivity. If you’d like to have a customized planner, just shoot me an email HERE.
5. A Bonus Recommendation. A Really Great & Unique Restaurant: Ten Bistro in Peachtree Corners. They are locally owned and operate with a commitment to high-quality, local ingredients prepared from scratch. Serving New American Cuisine. Interesting, healthy, delicious food offered at a very fair price. Classics with flare. Locally sourced when possible to bring you the best tasting and healthiest food available. Specializing in vegetarian and gluten-free dishes. All lettuce is organic, chicken all natural and they source wild caught fish and grass fed beef when possible. Don’t miss the Harrington Scallops.
And a quote I am pondering: “I don’t care how much power, brilliance or energy you have, if you don’t harness it and focus it on a specific target, and hold it there you’re never going to accomplish as much as your ability warrants.” — Zig Ziglar
Thanks for jumping on board with me! I trust these are helpful for you. I created this weekly list as a result of the many folks that asked what I was reading or what I was listening to, or what resource would I recommend. Enjoy! And remember, this is a collection of recommended Reads, Listens, Learnings, and Gadgets…with the occasional restaurant review and YouTube suggestion. This is not a class on doctrine or theology…enjoy and share!
Stay the Course, I’ll be Back Monday with The CLIMB – Week 3
Stay Cool, Chuck