Welcome to the this week’s 4 for Friday, a collection of recommended READS, LISTENS, LEARNINGS, GADGETS & RESTAURANTS. I’d love to hear your thoughts about these! Shout back with a simple email or reply via the comments following the post.
- A good read about Destructive Habits:
7 Destructive Habits You Need to Eliminate From Your Daily Routine
By Elle Kaplan
The internet is chock full of daily habits that will help your routine, but what about bad habits? Because habits are so ingrained into our daily routines, we often don’t notice how harmful ones sneak in and ruin our success. Try eliminating the following habits from your life and see how your success in business and in life improve:
- Another good read about sleep, from James Clear: The Science of Sleep: A Brief Guide on How to Sleep Better Every Night
If you want to learn how to sleep better, then you’re in the right place. This guide will walk you through everything you need to know if you want to get better sleep. I’ll explain the science of sleep and how it works, discuss why many people suffer from sleep deprivation without knowing it, and offer practical tips for getting better sleep and having more energy.
- An interesting and thought/faith provoking podcast from Erwin Rafael McManus: The Distance that Matters Erwin is one of my favorite communicators. He pastors a beautiful church in Los Angeles and is typically a bit challenging and always faith-provoking. I think you’ll enjoy this podcast teaching from Mosaic Church
- A Book I’m enjoying: Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferris Tim Ferris isn’t for everybody. He can be radically sacrilegious and downright senseless. He also can be uniquely brilliant and insightful. This is a compilation of hundreds of interviews with world-class performers and the lessons we can all take from many of them. This isn’t for the casual reader. This book is designed for people that have a drivenness to succeed wildly, in every facet of life.
- A Bonus Health Recommendation: Puffs Plus Lotion with the Scent of Vicks.
After battling through a case of the flu and pneumonia this week, I became close friends with these amazing tissues. I know it’s not a cool gadget, but they are awesome!!
And a quote I am pondering:
“The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.”
––General James Mad Dog Mattis
Thanks for jumping on board with me! I trust these are helpful for you. I created this weekly list as a result of the many folks that asked what I was reading or what I was listening to, or what resource would I recommend. Enjoy!
Remember, this is a collection of recommended Reads, Listens, Learnings, and Gadgets…with the occasional restaurant review and YouTube suggestion. This is not a class on doctrine or theology…enjoy and share!
Merry Christmas, Chuck