Open When? by AChuckAllen
Let’s face it, if we open too soon, the critics will be screaming. If we open too slowly, the critics will be screaming. So, just to play the role of Captain Obvious here, no matter what you do, someone is going to be screaming at you. Got it!
But that isn’t the end of the story. This “I caught you doing something wrong” mentality that we have allowed to spring out of glorified shock-jock media entertainers is pressing us into a powder keg that is ready to explode. You pick almost any subject, then google that subject and you’ll discover that America is roughly 50-50. Split right down the middle on almost every topic other than we need to rebound from this shutdown…safely.
To do so requires we Americans to fight back and press on. Fight back, not at your governor, or your president, but fight back against the insane rhetoric that is spewed from both sides of the media aisles. Americans need a voice of reason, and that voice is already in many of us. Why can we not regulate what we are willing to listen and watch with a better intent than watching a train wreck. Have we not learned that counting on Washington is a fool’s errand? Have we not recognized the foolish hate talk thrown around the newsroom?
The answers are not to be found in the halls of Congress. The solutions will not be discovered in the offices of senators. I can promise you that the answers will not be found in the pundits that propagate shouting matches as to who is worse.
The answers we seek are found in Americans truly trusting that the Divine Creator of the Universe is waiting on us to seek Him first and in all our ways acknowledge that He is God and we are not. The odd thing about that is that it costs us nothing to stop, take an accurate inventory of our situation and know that whether it is a pandemic, economic collapse, or a fully public moral failure, our Creator is the only way out of the present mess. I know that seems like a simple man’s answer, but I would argue that it is a thinking person’s answer.
- If we are to admit who our Creator is, we have step one.
- If we are to acknowledge that all wisdom comes from on high, we have step two.
- If we were to seek that wisdom, He promises to faithfully grant that wisdom, step three.
- If we were to admit, acknowledge and seek, we then could eagerly obey, step four.
- If we were to obey, we might just fall to our knees and offer proper praise and thanks for the fact that the Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit has heard our prayer. That we might just turn from our self-filled ways and hear from Him…Then we would hear from Heaven and will be forgiven our sins and our land would be restored. There it is, step five.
Simple, right? So, when should we open? Do I need to go back through numbers 1-5 again? Let’s be ready to open the second He gives us the green light. Should we happen to be bright enough to actually follow these steps, what an awesome way to return to our places of worship, and continue streaming our message, and care for those in need and maximize our efforts to love people with the life-altering message of Christ.
Go in Peace,