I am overwhelmed with the response to this series,”THE CLIMB.” Thank you for your feedback and affirmation of the BLOG, PODCAST, 4forFRIDAY, and the Weekend Sermons. I’m so grateful that you have joined me on The CLIMB!
Every CLIMB needs the right gear. When I finished the first stretch of the Appalachian Trail, I learned that some gear is essential, some gear is helpful, and some gear is wasteful and unnecessary. On our life’s CLIMB, we need the right gear and eliminate the wasteful, unnecessary gear.
Here’s my list of ESSENTIAL GEAR for The CLIMB:
- Gear that gets You Grounded, Centered and Focused.
- Meditation Gear- HeReadsTruth & SheReadsTruth
- A Playlist that includes some music to settle your soul and functions as an hourglass for your time of meditation. Like this album from Hillsong Worship. Or this album from Julie True. And if you like a bit more grit to your worship/meditation music, try Crowder.
- Gear that Equips you Prepares you and Stretches you.
- An excellent, easy read from Judah Smith: How’s Your Soul?: Why Everything that Matters Starts with the Inside You
- Another great read, especially if you are leading anything, from Jenni Catron: The Four Dimensions of Extraordinary Leadership: The Power of Leading from Your Heart, Soul, Mind, and Strength
- Don’t miss Jenni Catron’s FREE Leadership Assessment.
- Gear that Encourages you.
- Gear that Sustains you.
- BONUS – I may be late to the party on this, but the breakfast at Egg Harbor Cafe, in John’s Creek is amazing! The frittatas, scramblers and skillets are all great. The house made jam – YUM! You’ll like it – Guaranteed!
- Another Bonus – A Quote I am Pondering, from James Clear: “Becoming the type of person you want to become — someone who lives by a stronger standard, someone who believes in themselves, someone who can be counted on by the people that matter to them — is about the daily process you follow and not the ultimate product you achieve.”
― James Clear, Transform Your Habits
Happy Friday! If you live in the Atlanta area, join me Sunday morning for Worship Gatherings at SUGAR HILL CHURCH – 9:30 & 11:00.
Also, if you are part of the hundreds of leaders that help make SUGAR HILL CHURCH such an amazing place…take 2 minutes and catch up with this video!