I love to share good reads, learnings, listens and reviews with friends and followers. So, thanks for subscribing to me 4forFRIDAY BLOG.
AChuck’s 4forFRIDAY 04-26-2019
Worship is more than music. It is the impetus for everything we do as Christians. It is expressed through every action of our lives and helps us become more Christlike. When we learn to worship God through our life, we become better Christians, ministers, musicians, parents, and mechanics. My friend, Toni Finley introduced me to this exceptional book and it has radically changed my perspectives on personal and corporate worship. This book is like reading a breath of fresh air. I cannot encourage you enough to get a copy of How to Worship a King and devour it’s contents.
I loved the practicality of this podcast. Here’s what’s happening in this episode—
• You’ll get practical tips for getting in the “alone zone” so you’re not interrupted.
• You’ll learn about “meeting free Thursdays” and how that’s boosted our business.
• You’ll learn how to fight fire with fire, using technology to block distractions.
• You’ll learn what types of food are scientifically proven to increase mental acuity.
• You’ll see the connection between listening to music and problem solving, backed by solid research.
• You’ll hear the best method for ensuring that you take frequent breaks to keep your mind fresh.
• You’ll learn how the one tool you use every single day can become your firewall against unwanted meetings and visitors.
This isn’t my typical read, but it was too good to put down. Author of the New York Times bestseller Present Over Perfect, Shauna Niequist provides the perfect read for those who love food and value the community and connection of family and friends around the table.
A Simple Plug for My New Tool, POWER ROUTINES.
I have experienced the power of the Living God as I have intentionally insertyed Gratitude, Scripture, Journaling and Prayer into my morning routine. Having no other resource that incorporated these disciplines, I created it myself. Your copy is waiting on you at Sugar Hill Church this Sunday. $10/ea and $2 for $15.
Light, durable and cool looking. I love that it stays put and does what a belt is supposed to do. SIMPLE, LIGHTWEIGHT, AND COMFORTABLE BELTS– No moving parts on this belt delivers a minimalist look with extreme durability.
A Quote from Richard Rohr:
“Most of us were taught that God would love us if and when we change. In fact, God loves you so that you can change. What empowers change, what makes you desirous of change is the experience of love. It is that inherent experience of love that becomes the engine of change.”
The Weekday Podcast and the Weekday Meditation
The Podcast is a 5 minute/day, 5 days/week Bible devotion that is a great word of encouragement.
The Meditation is about 7 minutes/day, 5/days/week and is designed to give you a combined and guided prayer and meditation experience.
Go in Peace, AChuck