Why Will You Vote for Donald Trump or Joe Biden in 148 Days?
That should attract some attention. Who and why you will vote in November 2020. In many ways, things have radically changed since 2016, while many other things seem to remain stagnant. I struggle with being fired up about either of these candidates, but let’s face facts, that’s who we have to vote for. Here are a few things to think about:
- It is still about the appointment of judges! More valuable than the economy and foreign policy, even immigration. It’s all about the selection of judges. If you are a conservative, as I am, then you have to weigh the track record of both candidates and determine where you want the future court(s) to go. You determine that.
- I don’t meet many folks that are diehard supporters of either of these fellas. I do meet people that have strong opinions about their ideas, platforms, and party alignment. So if we are to measure a presidential vote on likability, Biden wins in a landslide. If we are to measure our vote on pro-business, lower taxes, and economic recovery, history would give you a reason to vote for Donald Trump. The outliers with Trump flags and Never-Trump flags aren’t the heart of this nation, any more than the far left socialists are. They are on the periphery of our voting populous.
- If you are a Follower of Jesus, both of these candidates can drive you crazy. President Trump would help himself and our support if he considered slowing down or even shutting down the Twitter barrage of insanity. Mr. Biden would help if he could pick a belief system and stick with it. Pairing up with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Elizabeth Warren, or Kamala Harris isn’t helping calm my fears. I want to like President Trump. I like his economic position. I like his foreign policy position. I like his tax and business-first mentality. I hate that he is a bully. I cannot stand the constant attacks via Twitter. I disdain his typical rage-filled tantrums. But with Mr. Biden, I must ask, who will genuinely run the country? Before you go off on this statement, just recognize the ongoing gaffs and instability of Biden’s health. I am all for a female to run the country. We men have had 240 plus years and we seem to have digressed in our leadership capacity. But Joe, I cannot line up with the women you are talking about.
- If I could pick a candidate to write-in, and believe that write-in counted, I would write in former Ambassador to the UN and Governor of the great state of South Carolina, Nikki Haley. She is brilliant and gracious. We could use a heavy dose of both of those characteristics.
- I disagree with much of the Trump Doctrine, and in truth, I cannot vote for Mr. Biden as his political leanings are simply too far left for me.
- So, it all comes down to five simple thoughts (at least to me).
1. JUDGES and the FUTURE of THE COURTS.
2. ECONOMIC RECOVERY from the AMERICAN SHUTDOWN.
3. FOREIGN POLICY – NORTH KOREA, RUSSIA, and CHINA.
4. TAXES and PRO-BUSINESS GROWTH.
5. FAIR TRADE with GLOBAL ECONOMIES
- I would love to be able to select a President based on his, or her faith-filled life and his commitment to Godly leadership. That doesn’t seem to be a high priority for either candidate. As a result, I will look toward these five items. Let the hate mail begin!