From the Border to Washington by AChuckAllen
- I wrote about “Why We Should Care About the Southern Border.”
- I was invited to join the Border Patrol to tour the Border Centers near El Paso, Texas.
- I spent two days on the Border with Customs and Border Patrol
- I wrote about the real conditions in the Centers that have been so poorly described.
- I was invited to Washington to meet with the State Department, Health and Human Services, The White House and Customs and Border Patrol.
- I met with all those agencies and the Faith Directors from eight different agencies.
- I was asked to help lead an effort specifically in the area of Migrant Families and Unaccompanied Children.
I’m telling you that I didn’t ask for any of these audiences. Not once! But somehow, in a season that I was to be on vacation, the Divine determined that He had an assignment for me. I’ve run from these “callings” before, but no more. I am determined to allow the Lord to do as He pleases with me. I’ve learned the hard way, that He has the single best way to accomplish His will and my peace. That way is my obedience.
As a result, I’m heading back to the border in mid August to lead a tour of the McAllen, Texas Station with several White House and State Department staffers. I’ll also be helping the Department of Health and Human Services create a far better way for churches and individuals to assist Migrant Families in the middle of processing while on the Mexican side of the Border.
I’m also busy assisting in the creation of a National Prayer Team website and app that is focused on the ministry of immigration, church and government assistance and care for the unaccompanied children on the border.
That’s a boatload of work, but honestly, it’s nothing compared to the extraordinary work of the Faith Directors that serve so well in the various agencies throughout DC. I met with real heroes as we chatted over coffee last Thursday morning. I met with Paula White and her team. Paula White is the real deal. She has funded hundreds of thousands of dollars to help move the needle forward in the areas of immigration, faith and ministry, all while leading the way for Believers to make a radical difference for the cause of Christ. I’m proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with her team in this effort.
I left Washington with three big ideas:
- I am amazed at how quickly the people within the key agencies are working to rectify the challenges on the border!
- The men and women serving as Faith Directors within the State Department, Health and Human Services, Customs and Border Patrol and the White House are supernaturally powered and are unsung, undervalued, underpaid, overwhelmed, faithful heroes that are making a HUGE difference for the cause of Christ. These folks have left homes and careers to answer the call of the Divine on their lives! I was allowed to pray with every single office I met with. If you are in the camp that thinks God has been shoved to the mop closets in our nation’s capital, you are completely wrong! I started with Customs and Border Patrol, State Department, Health and Human Services and then the White House. I was welcomed to pray with every single office! The God of All Creation is at work in Washington! I never thought I would say that. But these folks are fighting on all sides. Please pray for them!
- There is plenty of room for the faith and church community to rally around this crisis and serve children, individuals, families and those that serve on the border. And there is more than enough room for all of us to make a massive difference. I am committed to seeing this crisis resolved as a result of the CHURCH rising up to meet this need!